Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Foursies and Fishin'

Braden moved up the 4-year-old room at the beginning of June. He was very hesitant about this move because he LOVES his teachers and is comfortable in his current room. However, his transition went very well and he now LOVES his new room and new teacher. He is going to be doing a Preschool curriculum, which I am very excited about! I love to see him learning new things! He is a smart little boy! Here he is painting at the art center:)
There are a few funnies that I want to post to remember down the road. Braden has been obsessed with things that he can do when he gets older like drive a car, buy a motorcyle, and say shit. Yes, I said it- S-H-I-T. He is in love with the word and wants to say it all the time. The kid uses the word correctly when he is frustrated, or drops something, etc... So he pulled out his guitar the other day and decided to play Jill and I a song... "When I grow up I can say shit, when I grow up I can say heck, when I grow up I can say dang and heck and shit". What a song!

One day we were in Jill's truck and he poked me through the head rest with a toy. Of course I told him to stop and he replied, "Sorry mom, I am just a little bit excited!"

He is also doing a GREAT job riding his bike. He is going really fast and loves riding. He has also had a growth spurt. He kept trying to turn off the light above my bed at night, but I had to lift him up. One night last week he just reached up and turned it off! He was SOOO excited that he did it himself! My baby is growing too fast!

He loves cuddle time at night, which makes me VERY happy. He always says hold me mom and wants my arm around his belly and tucked in behind his back. If I am not just right he fixes it for me and is happy as can be. He will wake up in the middle of the night and tell me to hold him. He is my favorite snuggle buddy!
We went swimming and fishing at my Godfather's house today. Braden caught his first fish ever with his Cars Fishing Pole! As you can tell, he was not happy with that fish being so close. Just look at that face!!!

Even af the close encounter with the fish, he wanted to keep going. I think he caught like 6-7 fish! He did great and was so proud of himself! He said, "Mama, I love fishing!!" Of course he also asked if we could come back tomorrow. He had a blast!
I had to include a picture of one of my catfish I caught. I caught a total of three catfish, two bass, and one bluegill. I was pretty excited! All of them went back into the water too:) Jill caught a HUGE catfish but it broke her line so she doesn't have proof- HAHAHA!!

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

He sounds hilarious, sweet, creative and smart. and in any order.
These boys are getting so big.

Love that he wants to say shit :)