Monday, August 13, 2012

Why Don't I have a Daddy?


Well he finally asked the question, "Why don't I have a daddy?" I asked him why he asked that question and he said that his friend at school asked him why he doesn't have a daddy. I knew it would come one day, but wasn't quite expecting it at four. We did a very simple answer- because you are so lucky to have two moms!! Some families are different, some families have 2 moms, some have a mom and a dad, some have two dads, some have only one mom or one dad. I told him to ask his friend why he doesn't have two mommies- LOL! He was totally okay with that:) I know one day it will be a big discussion, but he was good with that short and sweet answer for now. His friends have asked us that before, but he hasn't ever asked...and so it begins. Therefore, I attached the latest pic of our beautiful two mom family!!!

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

:) beautiful family picture.

Vicki said...

I have to say that this has never become some big deal discussion for our two boys. Friends used to ask mostly when they were small; just curiosity really. The answer was always matter of fact; ie, I have two moms, and they went on playing. Now our youngest is 16. We periodically ask him if the kids at school ever give him a hard time about having two moms, and he says no, no big deal. They really don't care. We have also discussed the sperm donation story, but he is just not all that interested, although I imagine there may be more questions in the future. I think as long as you as parents remain very matter of fact with it, your son will do the same. He was born into a two mom family, and it is perfectly natural to him.