Friday, January 17, 2014

It has been one crazy school  year! At first it was a big adjustment to have Braden at school with me, but we are doing much better now. We are finally in a routine and it is going really well for the both of us. Braden has learned so much this year. He is reading really well now. He is a beginning reader so I am not talking chapter books or anything but easy readers and Bob books. I am so proud of him! He also really likes math. He is a great little adder and amazes me every day! He has a bit of an attitude which he gets pretty honestly from Jill and I, but he really is a lover. He tells me he loves me probably 50 times a day, which I probably say just as much to him. We are always hugging and kissing, but I am told by many moms to enjoy this because a day will come that I am the last person he will want to kiss and hug. I hope that does not ring true for him because this momma needs his sweet hugs! He tells me I am special and important to him and that he loves our family. He is still sleeping with me, which is okay for our faimily because Jill wouldn't sleep with me anyway since she can't stand my snoring- lol! Braden and I share the best conversations right before we fall asleep that I will cherish for the rest of my life. He tells me he wants to marry me and live with me forever. I remind him that one day he will meet someone that he wants to spend the rest of his life with and he will move away from me. He has a hard time believing this, but I just smile realizing that time is going so fast and this will really happen before I know it! The other day he was talking about a girl he likes in his class saying that he might marry her but he wasn't sure. I said,  "Honey you are only 5 years old you do not have to decide right now." He just cracks me up sometimes. I want to remember these sweet conversations for ever! I hope by writing some things down that I will look back on these posts and it will remind of these sweet times. I am so blessed to be him Mom and I thank God for him every day! Here are some pics to share from this school year...
Chloe's Birthday Costume Party 

At the school carnival 

 Fall Break in Fort Walton

 I love this one! Sweet kisses!

Our Family October 2013

 Braden and his cousin Chloe on a sandbar

 In his Uncle Jamie's wedding

 Halloween 2013

 My little Native American 

 Mimi and B on a snow day!

1 comment:

irongordon said...

So amazing!!! And I have to share that Austin has the SAME exact relationship with Dawn (yeah, he tells me a bit that he loves me and hugs me a bit, but he is attached to Dawn, he has to check on her and kiss her first thing in the morning so many cute things that I want to cherish forever). We also hear that he will eventually outgrow this loving, snuggling, kissing, and hugging phase, but I think that Dawn would like it forever - it's amazing the sensitive and snuggly personality the boys have different from the girls!